Conduct research on the acts of resistance during the Holocaust found in your novel. As authors of historical fiction base events on actual happenings, your task to research the actual acts of resistance depicted in the novel.
Your post must include the following information:
I. Novel Response
- How did the different characters resist Nazi oppression?
- What obstacles hindered the characters' resistance?
II. Historical Research Response
- What historical acts of resistance are depicted in your novel?
- Research the acts of resistance: identify the group, their purpose, their obstacles, and their accomplishments.
- You must have at least three sources for your responses and include your sources in your post.
III. Personal Response
- Based on your learnings, what does it mean to be a responsible citizen of the nation and the world?
IV. Negotiate Your Reading
- State your reading expectation this week.
Web Sites To Assist With Research
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Personal Histories; Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies—The Miles Lerman Center for the Study of Jewish Resistance; Holocaust Learning Center - http://www.ushmm.org/
- Museum of Tolerance Online Multimedia Learning Center - http://motlc.wiesenthal.com
- Information for students with a special section on resistance - http://fcit.coedu.usf.edu/holocaust
- Web site of the Ghetto Fighters’ House - http://english.gfh.org.il/index0.htm
Label your response POST #4.